PRIVACY STATEMENT OPPLE LIGHTING B.V.
Opple Lighting B.V. (part of Opple Lighting Co., Ltd) including its affiliated companies (hereafter: ‘OPPLE’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘ours’) takes your privacy very seriously. This privacy statement (hereinafter ‘statement’) contains information about which personal data we collect from you, how we use it and why we need it.
Which personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect varies according to the purpose of the collection and the product or service we provide to you. In most cases we obtain your personal data directly from you. For example, if you enter into an agreement with us, if you visit our websites, fill out a form on our website, apply for a job with us, when you give us your business card or when you provide us with information during (telephone) calls and e-mail contact. In general, we may collect the following types of personal data directly from you:
- personal contact details, such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- communication with us that may include details of (chat)conversations and other contacts with our customer service desk;
- demographic information, such as your gender and preferences. With “preference” we mean, for instance, your preference for certain products that we offer, and your interest in them;
- technical data, such as your IP address, browser history, such as your visited web pages, date of your visit and location of your visit;
- payment information for purchases, such as your invoice name, billing address and payment details such as your credit card details or bank account number;
- product warranty information, such as your e-mail address and proof of purchase of products;
- social media profiles;
- job application and recruitment data, such as training and career data that you provide to us in the context of an application;
- any other information that you provide directly to us.
Besides the foregoing, we can obtain your personal data in other ways, for example via (public) registers (such as the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce) or from public sources and websites. We may also collect personal data about you indirectly when:
- you share content via social media pages, websites or apps with regard to our products or services in response to our promotional material on social media; or
- we get to know or collect personal data about you by taking note of information collected through other websites (for example, we may place an advertisement on a third-party website and then, when you click on it, we receive information about you and other visitors of that website, with which we can then measure the reach and success of that advertisement).
For which purpose do we process your personal data?
In all relationships we enter into, personal data is required to ultimately provide the best possible service and cooperation. More specific, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data in order to:
- process your payments when you purchase products from us, pass on your order status to you, process your questions and requests and handle any warranty claims and complaints;
- answer your questions or contact you to respond to your questions and/or requests;
- provide information to you and manage your registration for our newsletter or other forms of communication;
- to further develop and optimize our services, products, methods of communication and the functionalities of our websites;
- to verify the identity of persons who contact us by electronic way, by telephone or otherwise;
- to manage our day-to-day operations in connection with your participation in our application process, promotional activities or your request;
- to meet our quality assurance and internal training needs in this context;
- to offer you as a costumer personalized products, messages and tips about products directly, but also through campaigns via social media based on your interests an consent recorded on our websites;
- get a good overview of the interests, wishes and changing needs of customers to improve our websites, current products and services and/or to develop new products and services.
In addition, we may need your personal data in connection with legal obligations or a connection with legal obligations or a contractual relationship that we have with you. When we collect and use your personal data for the above or other purposes, we will inform you of thereof before or during the collection of this personal data. If applicable, we will always ask you for your consent for the processing of your personal data.
E-mail or regular mail
If you receive emails or regular mail (if applicable, with permission) from us with information about new products and services, you can always unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in the relevant e-mail or by sending a message via e-mail or regular mail. You can use the contact details as recorded below.
We like to go into dialogue with our customers and visitors about our organization, products and/or services through the web and (our own) social media channels. Our goal with this is to provide useful and relevant information and/or answer questions asked via social media. To accomplish this we follow the internet and social media channels, such as Twitter, Facebook and blogs. It is possible that when we answer questions, participate in feeds and respond to comments, we will record (personal) data. These are processed in accordance with this statement. We are not responsible for the handling of personal data by other participants in social media channels.
What rights do you have?
If you have a relationship with us, you have the right to view your personal data after written request. If the overview provided by us contains inaccuracies, you can request us in writing to change or erase your personal data. If you have any questions or want to know what personal data we hold on you, you can contact us by using the contact details included at the end of this statement.
In addition to the foregoing, you also have the following rights under the GDPR:
- receive a statement of what personal data we have and how we use it;
- insight into the exact personal data we have on you;
- correction of erroneous data;
- the removal of outdated personal data;
- withdrawal of permission; and
- object to a specific kind of use of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, we kindly ask you to clearly state who you are, so that we can be sure that we do not modify or delete data from the wrong person.
Security of your personal data
We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of, and unauthorized access to, your personal data. For example, we ensure you that the access to your personal data is limited to a limited group of people who strictly need-to-know, that access to your personal data is protected and that our security measures are regularly checked and updated. Furthermore, among other things, we make use of the following security measures: access controls on laptops and systems, the use of firewalls and the security of network connections and servers.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will not be sold, shared or disclosed to third parties in any other way than described in this statement. It is possible that we may share your personal data if required by law and/or government authorities. We only share your personal data with affiliates and organizations that provide sufficient safeguards with regard to your personal data, that protect this data and that comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations in the same or similar manner as we do. Besides that, your personal data will be shared (only for the purposes as described in this statement) with external service providers who provide services such as: data analysis, hosting websites, processing of payments/invoices, order execution, CRM, provision of information technology and associated infrastructure, customer services, e-mail, identity management, event management, checks, marketing etc. Finally, your personal data can be provided to extern sponsors of games and similar promotions.
Sharing data outside of the European Economic Area
It is possible that your personal data is processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure that such cross-border data processing always takes place with appropriate safeguards.
These safeguards include:
- model contract clauses approved by the European Commission. These model contract clauses offer sufficient safeguards to meet the adequacy and security requirements of the European privacy laws; or
- certifications showing that third parties outside the EEA process the data in a manner consistent with the GDPR. These certifications are approved by the European Commission, a competent supervisory authority or a competent national accreditation body as referred to in the European privacy laws.
Cookies and other technologies
How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we collected and recorded it. If there is a legal retention obligation or a retention period applicable based on professional or conduct rules, we will adhere to those terms.
Please feel free to contact us in case of complaints about our processing of your personal data. In case of a complaint, we ask you to contact us via the contact details as included below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you also have the right under the European privacy legislation to file a complaint directly with the Dutch Authority for the Protection of Personal Data (‘Autoritieit Persoonsgegevens’).
We reserve the right to change to this statement. We therefore advise you to regularly check whether this statement has been amended
For comments, questions or complaints about this statement or our processing of your personal data, please contact us via Marcom@OPPLE.com, phone number: +31 (0)880567890. Address: Meerenakkerweg 1-07, 5652 AR Eindhoven the Netherlands.
This statement was last modified on the 4th of August 2020.